This fantastic Kimberley Adventure Tour package takes to you remote and wonderful places including the Kimberley in Western Australia, Arnhem Land & the Gulf visiting Birdsville, Mt Isa, Lawn Hill, Mt Borradaile, the magnificent Berkeley River, Broome, Bungle Bungles, Ayers Rock and Coober Pedy.
Remember the journey is as good as the destination so enjoy the flight across Australia.
Please send us an inquiry should you want more information . Once confirmed we will pass your details to our partner The Kimberley Collection who will be arranging the tour for us.
- Spectacular journey in our comfortable twin-engine aircraft.
- Luxury small group ground and air tours.
- Deluxe Accommodation throughout your journey.
- Dine on a BBQ buffet of authentic Australian delicacies examples include barramundi, kangaroo and crocodile, bush salads and classic desserts, complemented by Australian wines under the stars at Uluru.
Exclusive Aboriginal cultural experience and wildlife adventure in one of Australias most beautiful and exciting wilderness areas at Mt Borradaile. Drive out to see some amazing ancient aboriginal rock art and walk through the rocky billabong areas.
|DATES||TOURS||NO. OF DAYS||AVAILABILITY||PRICES||BOOK/ENQUIRE|
|April 29||Kimberley and Top End||14||Available||$15,750|
|May 27||Kimberley and Top End||14||Available||$15,750|
|July 15||Kimberley and Top End||14||3 - 4 seats available||$15,750|
|Aug 12||Kimberley and Top End||14||Fully booked||$15,750|
Board your luxury aircraft and depart Moorabbin at 8am as you start your 14 day Outback adventure to the Kimberley, Northern Territory and Top End.
- Day 1 - Welcome to Birdsville
- Depart Melbourne at 8am in your comfortable twin-engine aircraft.
- Arrive in Innamincka for lunch and if there is enough water, a cruise on the Cooper Creek. Then it is on to the famous Birdsville Hotel where you will have the opportunity to settle into your room before enjoying sunset drinks and dinner at the pub.
- After a day of contrasts, retire to your twin share en-suite accommodation at the Birdsville Hotel.
- Day 2 - Lawn Hill National Park
- After a hearty breakfast and an early morning departure at around 8:30 am, will give you maximum time at the Lawn Hill National Park in the Gulf Country region of north-western Queensland.
- Lawn Hill Gorge is one of the most spectacular gorges in the Gulf Country, with luxurious tropical rainforest-like vegetation, sheer red cliffs and unusual green water. Access to the gorge system is by delightful walking tracks, while you can explore the middle and upper part of the system by canoe. The naturally bubbling spas are fantastic for swimming.
- Return to Adels Grove for dinner and accommodation in comfortable en-suite rooms.
- Day 3 - Max Davidson's Arnhemland Safari Camp
- A 3.5 hours flight via Borroloola and Jabiru in Arnhem Land for fuel will have you landing at Max Davidsons Arnhemland Safari Camp at Mt Borradaile. This area is leased by Max Davidson from the local Aboriginal traditional owners.
- After lunch, we drive out to see some aboriginal rock art before enjoying a magnificent sunset cruise on the vast billabong to see the abundant birdlife and the odd saltwater crocodile among the mangroves.
- This is an exclusive Aboriginal cultural experience and wildlife adventure in one of Australias most beautiful and exciting wilderness areas.
- The Eco Lodge and surrounding cabins are raised above the ground so as to minimize the disturbance of the natural habitat. They are designed for exceptional comfort in the tropics, inviting in fresh air and vista views of the surrounding bush setting. http://www.arnhemland-safaris.com/
- Day 4 - Mt Borradaile
- The entirety of Day 4 is spent at Mt. Borradaile.
- In the morning we drive out to see some amazing ancient aboriginal rock art and walk through the rocky billabong areas for a number of tranquil hours.
- Return to the camp for a late lunch before your choice of a swim, another cruise along the billabong, fishing or relaxing.
- Dinner once again is at the Lodge dining area.
- Day 5 & 6 - Berkeley River Lodge
- Leaving Mt Borradaile, we travel onto The Berkeley River Lodge. The landing strip is a 2 minute drive from the lodge and accommodation is in a luxury villa. Once settled, relax with a swim in the pool and a cool drink.
- After lunch, we head off to explore the surrounding areas which may include rock art, boating, fishing and/or swimming. Well be back in time for drinks at sunset overlooking the bay and a moonlight dinner.
- Be one of the privileged few to set eyes upon breathtaking wilderness landscapes by river cruise or helicopter flight (optional extra). Enjoy barefoot luxury on secluded white sand beaches. Explore rugged river gorges and ancient Indigenous rock art. Swim in crystal clear pools beneath thundering waterfalls. Chase the mighty barra in the most remote fishing spots. Sample local flavours as rich as the scenery and service as peerless as the coast-to-outback panoramas. Be among the first to experience Australias newest and most remote coastal lodge.
- The second day at Berkeley River Lodge starts with a magnificent breakfast in the delightful cliff-top dining room and a swim. We then board the boat to spend the whole day exploring the local coastal scenery, including the spectacular Berkeley River. This is considered by many to be one of the best gorges in Australia.
- Activities on the way include lunch, a refreshing dip from the boat and some great sea fishing for Emperor. At the falls you can climb up to the top, then at the top a swim and a wonderful view back to your boat. The return trip is a couple of hours.
- Arriving back around 5pm we can once again enjoy the pleasant surrounds and environment of the resort before another spectacular dinner.
- Day 7 & 8 - Cape Leveque / Broome
- Today you head further south west towards Cape Leveque. Its a total of two hours flying with a stop at Drysdale River Station for fuel.
- From here you will fly over the Buccaneer Archipelago, including the famous Horizontal Waterfalls where the tide races through a narrow entrance and then take a stunning low level flight over Cable Beach to land at Broome airport.
- The only Resort in Broome located on spectacular Cable Beach is the award-winning Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa a unique blend of cultural influences and architecture. Surrounded by magnificent gardens, you can relax by the water in style.
- This morning can be spent walking or swimming at Cable Beach or exploring in town.
- The afternoon will be spent on a Broome sights tour where you will enjoy a full commentary. The tour commences in Chinatown hearing fascinating stories of this colourful precinct. Learn about the ancient art of pearling from one of the local pearl producers and enjoy a historical sound show at the famous Sun Pictures, the worlds oldest operating open air picture garden (now listed in the Guinness World Records).
- We take a drive through Old Broome to view typical Broome architecture and old Pearling Masters homes then view the aqua waters of Roebuck Bay at Town Beach and learn of Broomes One Day War.
- We then stop at Matsos Broome Brewery to sample their hand made ales and famous ginger beer (complimentary tasting included).
- Afterwards, visit the Japanese Cemetery and Broome Port, the base for many of todays Pearling vessels.
- Then travel by the Broome Race Course, before taking an easy paced walk at Gantheaume Point known for dinosaur footprints and hear the story of Anastasias Pool.
- We then drive down onto Cable Beach for sunset and a camel ride along the beach.
- Day 9 & 10 - Bungle Bungles
- Today you leave Broome and fly two hours east past Fitzroy Crossing to the Bungle Bungles in the Purnululu National Park.
- You will be met by East Kimberley Tours for a short drive to the permanent established camp at Bellburn Creek.
- After lunch, youll be driven to the southern end of the national park to visit the Bee-Hives Rock formations and a walk into Cathedral Gorge.You spend two three hours in this stunning area with plenty of opportunities for photographs.
- Return to camp around sunset.There is nothing quite like sitting around a camp fire under the vast outback sky after a big day.
- Day 11 - Ayers Rock
- After breakfast you will start your flight to Ayers Rock.
- On landing at the Yulara airstrip its a 15 minute drive to your accommodation at the Desert Gardens Hotel.
- After settling in you will travel to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park to a place where unique flora and fauna thrive. Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) here your guide will reveal the many attributes of this diverse environment and describe the cultural significance of Kata Tjuta as a sacred Aboriginal mens ceremonial site. Arriving at Walpa Gorge you will walk between the mighty conglomerate domes and hear how these 36 domes that make up Kata Tjuta have evolved over millions of years. Take time to listen to the wind (Walpa) far above and view the scale of the rock walls that surround you.
- A comfortable 4 star hotel at Ayers Rock Resort, Desert Gardens Hotel is set amongst magnificent ghost gums and flowering native shrubs.
- You can also relax in the comfort of your private balcony or courtyard, or unwind near the pool over cocktails. Its only a short stroll to the numerous lookouts, where you can view one of the best sunsets in Australia, with the spectacular play of colours across the face of Uluru.
- Day 12 - Uluru / Ayers Rock
- As you travel towards Uluru, its vast shape rises from the sand dunes in the early dawn light highlighting its presence in this country. Your guide will take you to a special location to watch the sun rise over this amazing monolith. You will learn the Creation stories of Liru (poisonous snake) and Kuniya (python) and hear about the Mala people.
- After breakfast you will visit Mutijulu Waterhole and then drive around the base of the Uluru before returning to the resort.
- Just before sunset, journey into the desert where a didgeridoo welcome awaits you. As the sun sinks behind the domes of Kata Tjuta (Olgas), enjoy a selection of fine beverages and delicious outback canaps. At sunset, feast on a gourmet barbecue of Australian delicacies including kangaroo, emu, crocodile and barramundi, all served with fresh salads and followed by a range of desserts. Then relax as you are guided through the stars. Sit around the campfire (winter only) with tea or coffee and a glass of port.As the sun sets, you feast on a BBQ buffet of authentic Australian delicacies examples include barramundi, kangaroo and crocodile, bush salads and classic desserts, complemented by Australian wines. Attention then turns to some of the worlds best stargazing, as the star talker takes you on a tour of the spectacular southern night sky. As you wind down after dinner, you are offered a choice of tea, coffee or port.
- Day 13 - Coober Pedy
- Today you leave Ayers Rock to fly two hours further south to the famous opal town of Coober Pedy.
- We arrive in time for lunch and then a four hour tour of the town including opal mines, underground churches and the stunning Breakaways.
- Accommodation is at one of the towns famous underground motels, The Coober Pedy Experience Motel. Separate areas outside on the verandah for you to take a well-earned rest where you can socialise to your hearts content. http://www.cooberpedyexperience.com.au/
- Day 14 - Melbourne
- The final day of our Kimberley Outback air tour starts with a 90 min flight to Leigh Creek for fuel, then at 25 min scenic flight along the Flinders Ranges to Rawnsley Park Homestead, right at the base of Wilpena Pound.
- After lunch at the Woolshed Restaurant (own cost) its then a 90 min flight to Mildura for more fuel. From here its 1hr 40 min back to Melbourne, arriving just after 6pm.
- Luxury private charter aircraft by Kirkhope Aviation
- Airfares ex Melbourne, and covering all destination legs including return to Melbourne
- Departure and arrival – Kirkhope Aviation, Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne
- All accommodation
- All meals and beverages
- In-flight snacks and refreshments
- All stopover ground transfers, tours, activities and entry fees
The tour was fantastic and surpassed our expectations. Also impressed with your aircraft and your organisation of the tour thank you.–Heather
I can’t begin to tell you what a great time I had…. What great people to go on holiday with… It has to be one of the best holidays I’ve had. –Lorraine
The memories I now carry from this air tour with Kirkhope Aviation far exceed my dreams that I envisaged before I left. To see the colours of the desert, the mountains that rise up beneath the aircraft. the rivers and coastal areas and then to land on a gravel strip far out there. What a privilege, this is the ultimate for me. –Barbara
The outback adventure tour offered by Kirkhope exceeded all our expectations and our only regret was that it was over too soon.–Meg and Chris