COVID-19 ‘Coronavirus’ Company Operational Policy
7th May 2020
This information documents Kirkhope Aviation’s response to COVID-19 and provides guidance in dealing with how the virus may impact travel for passengers booked with us.
Notwithstanding that the current level of community transmission of COVID-19 is extremely low, we do take health and wellbeing seriously and are taking pro-active measures. This policy is valid at the time of writing and has been updated since the initial issue in March.
Kirkhope Aviation is taking the following precautions to guard against COVID-19 transmission:
- Company pilots and staff will be stood down from duty should they have confirmed contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, or have themselves tested positive to CAVID-19 in the previous two weeks before a charter or tour;
- As of this document’s update, this doesn’t impact any company pilots;
- Company pilots and staff have been advised on appropriate handwashing and hygiene techniques, as well as being provided hand sanitizer;
- Clients are also encouraged to maintain a high standard of personal hand hygiene;
- Aircraft will be cleaned and disinfected between flights in accordance with IATA Preventing the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guidelines for Airlines (2nd Version);
- Interior surfaces, seats and facilities will be cleaned with disinfectant between charters or tours, or within a charter or tour when passenger numbers change;
- The carpet will be vacuumed and seat pockets will be emptied of rubbish and cleaned;
- The company departure lounge will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after any charters or tours;
- Personal Protective Equipment will be made available to pilots, should an operational need require carriage of a passenger with suspected COVID-19
Kirkhope Aviation recommends the downloading, installation and continuous operation of the COVIDSafe application. Operation of Bluetooth whilst on-board our aircraft should not have any operational impact.
- Passengers who have a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous two weeks, will not be allowed to travel on air tours or charters;
- Any passenger who has had contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, in the previous two weeks before a tour or charter, will not be allowed to travel;
- Touchless Temperature testing will be carried out for all pilots and passengers, at the start of day for all charters and tours, or when passenger numbers change;
- Any person whose temperature is 380C or above will be deemed to have a fever and will not be permitted to board the aircraft.
- In such a case it’s recommended that they then follow-up with a specific COVID-19 test at an approved Government testing facility;
- If this person subsequently tests positive for COVID-19 and once Kirkhope Aviation is aware of this test result, all other passengers will be contacted to enable self-isolation and individual COVID-19 testing;
- Any passenger who is denied travel due to COVID-19, will be permitted to defer their travel to another tour date without charge. They may also elect to receive a credit of the amount paid, to be put towards a different tour with the company at a future date. The company will require a letter from a medical practitioner or evidence of unacceptable overseas travel prior to a rebooking being made.
- Passengers electing to cancel their tour with us will be offered a refund in accordance with our normal cancellation policy;
- For any cancellation as a result of the company following a lawful instruction by the federal or state government, a credit note to the full value paid will be offered.
- For any tour that is cancelled by Kirkhope Aviation, all passengers will receive a full refund;
- As with all tours and charters, passengers are encouraged to take out travel insurance and ambulance cover at the time of booking. These recommendations are to protect passengers if they are forced to cancel on medical grounds or if they require emergency retrieval or services in a remote part of Australia. Note that some policies may not cover pandemics
Passengers with any further questions should contact us on 1300 20 61 30. We will continue to amend this policy, when government advice is updated.
Owner and Chief Pilot
Let us take you to these iconic Australian destinations
Get early notifications about tours, packages and special offers