COVID-19 ‘Coronavirus’ Company Operational Policy
This information documents Kirkhope Aviation’s response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and provides guidance in dealing with how the virus may impact travel for passengers booked with us.
Notwithstanding that the current level of community transmission of COVID-19 is extremely low, we do take health and wellbeing seriously and are taking pro-active measures. This policy is valid at the time of writing and has been updated since the initial issue in March.
Kirkhope Aviation is taking the following precautions to guard against COVID-19 transmission:
- The company is being guided by ICAO’s Takeoff: Guidance for Air Travel through the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis
- Company pilots and staff will be stood down from duty should they have confirmed contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, or have themselves tested positive to COVID-19 in the previous two weeks before a charter or tour
- Company pilots and staff have been advised on appropriate handwashing and hygiene techniques, as well as being provided with hand sanitizer
- Clients are also encouraged to maintain a high standard of personal hand hygiene
- Aircraft will be cleaned and disinfected between flights in accordance with IATA Aircraft cleaning & disinfection during & post pandemic Ed. 1
- Interior surfaces, seats and facilities will be cleaned with disinfectant between charters or tours, or within a charter or tour when passenger numbers change
- The carpet will be vacuumed and seat pockets will be emptied of rubbish and cleaned
- The company departure lounge will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after any charters or tours
- Personal Protective Equipment will be made available to pilots, should an operational need require carriage of a passenger with suspected COVID-19
Kirkhope Aviation recommends the downloading, installation and continuous operation of the COVIDSafe application. Operation of Bluetooth whilst on-board our aircraft should not have any operational impact.
- Passengers who have a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous two weeks, will not be allowed to travel on air tours or charters
- Any passenger who has had contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, in the previous two weeks before a tour or charter, will not be allowed to travel
- COVID-19 Symptoms include (but are not limited to) fever, dry cough and tiredness. If any existing or potential passenger has some or all of these symptoms then they should seek medical advice. This could then result in a COVID-19 test at an approved Government testing facility
- Any passenger who cannot travel due to COVID-19 considerations, will be permitted to defer their travel to another tour date without charge. They may also elect to receive a credit of the amount paid, to be put towards a different tour with the company at a future date.
- The company will require a letter from a medical practitioner regarding potential COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test result, or evidence of recent overseas travel, prior to a rebooking being made.
- For any tour that is cancelled due to COVID-19 considerations by Kirkhope Aviation, all passengers will receive a full credit for all monies paid
- If Kirkhope Aviation cannot operate the tour due to insufficient passenger numbers, lockdown of destinations or other situations that prohibit the successful operation of the tour, the tour will be rescheduled for a later date and passengers will receive a credit for the full amount paid.
- Passengers electing to cancel their tour with us will be offered a refund in accordance with our normal cancellation policy
- As with all tours and charters, passengers are encouraged to take out travel insurance and ambulance cover at the time of booking. These recommendations are to protect passengers if they are forced to cancel on medical grounds or if they require emergency retrieval or services in a remote part of Australia. Note that some policies may not cover pandemics.
On Tour protocols:
- All Passengers will be provided with a Travel Pack containing a face mask (one per day), hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- Passengers are also welcome to bring their own PPE
- Passengers are encouraged to wear face masks. Note that in some parts of Australia (and depending on the circumstances) face masks are mandated
- Passengers are reminded of the general COVID-19 health principles of physical distancing and good hygiene
Kirkhope Aviation is a member of the Victorian Tourism Industry Council, is a Quality Tourism Accredited Business and has also been accredited as a COVID Clean Practicing Business. This means that we have adopted the best practice Tourism Industry protocols and these guide our conduct on a day-to-day basis, during your time with us on Tour.
Kirkhope Aviation is also adhering to the World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travels protocols and is therefore authorized to display the Safe Travels logo.
Passengers with any further questions should contact us on 1300 20 61 30. We will continue to amend this policy when government advice is updated.
Owner and Chief Pilot
10th of August 2020
Let us take you to these iconic Australian destinations
Get early notifications about tours, packages and special offers