COVID-19 ‘Coronavirus’ Company Operational Policy
23 March 2020
This information documents Kirkhope Aviation’s response to COVID-19 and provides guidance in dealing with how the virus may impact travel for passengers booked with us. Although the current risk to passengers travelling with us is low, we do take health and wellbeing seriously and are taking pro-active measures. This policy is valid at the time of writing and will be updated as required.
Kirkhope Aviation is taking the following precautions to guard against COVID-19:
- Company pilots and staff will be stood down from duty should they have confirmed contact with a COVID-19 person in the previous two weeks before a charter or tour. At the time of this document’s release, this does not currently affect any company pilots
- Company pilots and staff have been advised on appropriate handwashing and hygiene techniques, as well as being provided hand sanitizer.
- Clients are encouraged as well to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Aircraft will be cleaned and disinfected between flights in accordance with IATA Preventing the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guidelines for Airlines (2nd Version). Interior surfaces, seats and facilities will be cleaned with disinfectant between charters or tours, or within a charter or tour where the group of passengers on board changes. The carpet will be vacuumed and seat pockets will be emptied of rubbish/cleaned
- The company departure lounge will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after use by charters or tours
- Personal Protective Equipment will be made available to pilots should an operational necessity require carriage of a passenger with suspected COVID-19
Restrictions and information
- Passengers with confirmed COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous two weeks, will not be allowed to travel on air tours or charters
- Passengers who have returned from any country subject to travel restrictions in the previous 2 weeks will not be allowed to travel unless they have clearance from a GP
- Any passenger that has had confirmed contact with a COVID-19 person in the previous two weeks before a tour, will not be allowed to travel
- Passengers who believe that they fall into any of the three categories above are encouraged to contact us, so that we can collectively determine their suitability to travel as booked
- Any passenger that is denied travel with us due to COVID-19 will be permitted to defer their travel to another tour date without charge. Guests may also elect to receive a credit of the amount paid to be put towards a different tour with the company at a future date. The company will require a letter from a medical practitioner or evidence of unacceptable overseas travel prior to a rebooking being made. Guests electing to outright cancel their tour with us will be offered a refund in accordance with our normal cancellation policy
- For any cancellation as a result of the company following a lawful instruction by the federal or state government, a credit note to the full value paid will be offered.
- As with all tours and charters, passengers are encouraged to take out travel insurance and ambulance cover at the time of booking. These recommendations are to protect passengers if they are forced to cancel on medical grounds or if they require emergency retrieval or services in a remote part of Australia. Note that some policies may not cover pandemics
Passengers with any further questions should contact us on 1300 20 61 30. We will update this policy as the situation develops and in-line with government issued advice.
Owner and Chief Pilot