- Spectacular journey in our comfortable twin-engine aircraft.
Return Flight to Melbourne. All meals and drinks with activities are all included. All you need to do is kick up your heels.
- Luxury small group ground and air tours.
- Deluxe Accommodation throughout your journey.
- 1 night in the Hunter Valley with tours through the region sampling some of the wines.
Lord Howe Island Tour Schedule
|DATES||TOURS||NO. OF DAYS||AVAILABILITY||PRICES 2017/18|
Book prior 31 Oct
to get 2017 prices
|16-Sep 2017||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||7990|
|19-Oct 2017||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
|29-Mar 2018||Lord Howe Island||5 day||Available||$7,495|
|12- Apr 2018||Lord Howe Island||5 day||Available||$7,495|
|18- Oct 2018||Lord Howe Island||5 day||Available||$7,495|
Board your luxury aircraft and depart Moorabbin at 8am as you start your 14 day Outback adventure to the Kimberley, Northern Territory and Top End.
- Day 1 - Time for a Holiday
Melbourne to Cessnock
What a wonderful day as you get ready to leave on a fabulous adventure through our exceptional country. You step onto your own personal twin turbine pressurised Super King Air aircraft (with a cabin larger than the small jets)… ready to go. We head out of Melbourne for the Hunter Valley Region of New South Wales. Accommodation for tonight is the Crown Plaza or similar.
Departing Moorabbin around 8:30 am, you fly to Cessnock. You expect to be landing at around 10:30 am.
Here you are met by our tour guides from the Hunter Valley who will be looking after you. This company has an excellent reputation with very friendly and knowledgeable guides. They will be taking you through the wine regions with various cellar door tastings.
Cessnock is the gateway to wine country. You explore the unique scenery and rich tastes of the Hunter Valley wine and beer. Discovering a fabulous array of cellar doors in some of the prettiest areas of the Hunter Valley.
- Day 2 - 4 Lord Howe Island
Today we leave the mainland behind us and travel to Lord Howe Island. When we arrive at the Island we will be greeted by the managers from our accommodation for a transfer to the Lodge. Sit back and relax. We have completed all of the planning and mundane items for your trip so that you can spend the entire time enjoying your time away. While on the island we will be looked after by the experts. The planned excursions will be varied dependent on weather. Some of the excursions which are on offer include:
DAY 2 – LEAVING THE MAINLAND BEHIND
- Your day will start at approx. 09:00 when you leave the mainland behind and travel to Lord Howe Island.
- If necessary due to headwinds, this will be via Port Macquarie to ensure adequate fuel reserves.
- On arrival at the Lord Howe airport the friendly staff from your Luxury Lodge will collect you and show you the highlights of the island on your journey to your accommodation.
- The outlook constantly changes and sometimes this mini-Hawaii of mountains and sea is draped in mist, sometimes sharp and bold.
- On check into your Luxury Lodge you will be presented with a fabulous lunch and then after your meal the afternoon is yours to either relax or explore the island on the bicycles provided.
- Flight time to Lord Howe Island: 2 hours approximately
- Luxury Lodge accommodation as available on Lord Howe Island.
- Note that the activities whilst on Lord Howe Island may change as they are dependent on weather
DAY 3 – TIME TO BE ONE WITH NATURE
- After breakfast you will be driven join world renowned naturalist Ian Hutton for a guided interpretive tour of Mt Eliza and the pristine North Bay.
- This is in the far north, in a remote area of the Lagoon that surrounds Lord Howe Island.
- Accessible by boat your day long excursion takes you to stunning coral gardens, with abundant fish life.
- Also explore with some bushwalking and visit seabird colonies.
- A sumptuous BBQ lunch is included.
DAY 4 – THE BEACHES ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!
- Today you can enjoy either a cruise around the island or an Admiralty Island Ocean Kayaking Tour.
- By then it will be time for to enjoy lunch in the thriving metropolis of the “Lord Howe CBD”.
- After lunch you make your way for a pleasant stroll at Neds Beach.
- As well as being one of Lord Howe’s most postcard-perfect beaches and a great spot for snorkeling, in 2005 Neds was voted Australia’s cleanest beach.
- Ned’s is also where the Island’s fish will come to you. Be part of a tradition that has enchanted visitors and locals for generations – any time of day make your way to Neds and feed the mullet, wrasse, garfish, silver-drummer, spangled-emperor and of course the royalty of Lord Howe fish, the meter long kingfish.
FEED THE FISH AT NEDS BEACH
As well as being one of Lord Howes most postcard-perfect beaches and a great spot for snorkelling, in 2005 Neds was voted Australias cleanest beach. Neds is also where the Islands fish will come to you. Be part of a tradition that has enchanted visitors and locals for generations any time of day make your way to Neds and feed the mullet, wrasse, garfish, silver-drummer, spangled-emperor and of course the royalty of Lord Howe fish, metre-long kingfish.
NORTH BAY TOUR
Join world renowned naturalist Ian Hutton for a guided interpretive tour of Mt Eliza. The pristine North Bay is located in a remote area of the Lagoon that surrounds the Island. Accessible by boat our day long excursion takes you to stunning coral gardens. See abundant fish life, bush walk and visit seabird colonies .A sumptuous BBQ lunch is served.
- You can select the level of adventure to suit. There are a range of Mount Gower guided walks, however the full trip is very “full on” and will take 8-10 hours.
- If you are not feeling as energetic, then perhaps a glass bottom boat trip would be preferable. This operates within the Island’s sheltered, crystal clear Lagoon.
- View the coral holes where stunningly beautiful reef fish and delicate coral formations abound.
- Other options are snorkeling at Erscott’s Hole or watch the unique double-header wrasse and other large reef fish being fed at this famous location.
- Day 5 - Lord Howe to Melbourne
Enjoy breakfast in the Lodge Restaurant before being transferred to the Lord Howe Airport to board your own executive jet for the return flight to Melbourne.
Return home with memories of a lifetime!
- Luxury private charter aircraft by Kirkhope Aviation
- Airfares ex Melbourne, and covering all destination legs including return to Melbourne
- Departure and arrival – Kirkhope Aviation, Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne
- All accommodation
- All meals and beverages
- In-flight snacks and refreshments
- All stopover ground transfers, tours, activities and entry fees
Download BrochureTo download a pdf of the brochure, please click on the orange download button on the front page.
Dear Tony, You will have picked up from the high level of satisfaction on our return last night that everyone enjoyed it greatly. Kirsty is not only an excellent pilot but a very good and well organised tour leader. It was good to see that all of us on this trip had been with Kirkhope before. –Ian and Sandra..Victoria