- Spectacular journey in our comfortable twin-engine aircraft.
Return Flight to Melbourne. All meals and drinks with activities are all included. All you need to do is kick up your heels.
- Luxury small group ground and air tours.
- Deluxe Accommodation throughout your journey.
- 1 night in the Hunter Valley with tours through the region sampling some of the wines.
|DATES||TOURS||NO. OF DAYS||AVAILABILITY||PRICES||BOOK/ENQUIRE|
|16-Sep 2017||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
|19-Oct 2017||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
|29-Mar 2018||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
|12- Apr 2018||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
|18- Oct 2018||Lord Howe Island||6 day||Available||$7,990|
Board your luxury aircraft and depart Moorabbin at 8am as you start your 14 day Outback adventure to the Kimberley, Northern Territory and Top End.
- Day 1 - Melbourne to Cessnock
- What a wonderful day as you get ready to leave on a fabulous adventure through our exceptional country. You step onto your own personal twin turbine pressurised Super King Air aircraft (with a cabin larger than the small jets)… ready to go. We head out of Melbourne for the Hunter Valley Region of New South Wales. Cessnock is a vibrant country town in the heart of the Hunter Valley. It is the gateway to wine country. We explore the unique scenery and rich tastes of the Hunter Valley wine and beer. Discovering a fabulous array of cellar doors in some of the prettiest areas of the Hunter Valley. Flight time today: 2 hours approximately. Accommodation for tonight is the Crown Plaza or similar.
- Day 2 - 5 Cessnock to Lord Howe Island
- Today we leave the mainland behind us and travel to Lord Howe Island. When we arrive at the Island we will be greeted by the managers from our accommodation for a transfer to the Lodge.
Sit back and relax. We have completed all of the planning and mundane items for your trip so that you can spend the entire time enjoying your time away.
While on the island we will be looked after by the experts. The planned excursions will be varied dependent on weather. Some of the excursions which are on offer include:
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TOUR FOLLOWED BY BBQ LUNCHThis operates within the Islands sheltered, crystal-clear Lagoon. View from the comfort of the boat coral holes where stunningly beautiful reef fish and delicate coral formations abound. Snorkel at Erscotts Hole or watch the unique double-header wrasse and other large reef fish being fed at this famous location.
BBQ ISLANDER STYLEIslanders know how to enjoy themselves and you too can embrace the relaxed Lord Howe way of life with an Island BBQ at Neds Beach.
FEED THE FISH AT NEDS BEACHAs well as being one of Lord Howes most postcard-perfect beaches and a great spot for snorkelling, in 2005 Neds was voted Australias cleanest beach. Neds is also where the Islands fish will come to you. Be part of a tradition that has enchanted visitors and locals for generations any time of day make your way to Neds and feed the mullet, wrasse, garfish, silver-drummer, spangled-emperor and of course the royalty of Lord Howe fish, metre-long kingfish.
NORTH BAY TOURJoin world renowned naturalist Ian Hutton for a guided interpretive tour of Mt Eliza. The pristine North Bay is located in a remote area of the Lagoon that surrounds the Island. Accessible by boat our day long excursion takes you to stunning coral gardens. See abundant fish life, bush walk and visit seabird colonies .A sumptuous BBQ lunch is served.
OPTIONAL HIKE, stroll the island or relax at your luxury lodgeClimb Malabar Hill or take the ridge walk to Kims Lookout, one of Lord Howes most popular walks starts on Neds Beach Road and offers spectacular views along the spine of the Islands mountain ridge as well as magnificent views over The Lagoon. This 3-hour return walk (class 4-5) takes you through kentia palm groves and shearwater breeding burrows. At Malabar Hill (209 metres) the cliffs plunge dramatically into the ocean below and the crannies in the cliff shelter one of the worlds largest colonies of red-tailed tropic-birds. Between September and May the birds put on a mesmerising aerial display. If you continue to Kims Lookout (a more challenging climb that extends your trek to a 5-hour return) youll be rewarded with superb views of Mt Gower and the Islands jewel coloured reef. Flight time to Lord Howe Island: 2 hours approximately. Accommodation while on the Island will be at a luxury Lodge. Dinners will be either at the Lodge or from a selection of local venues.
- Day 6 - Lord Howe Island to Melbourne
- Enjoy breakfast in the Lodge Restaurant before being transferred to the Lord Howe Airport to board your own executive jet for the return flight to Melbourne.
- Luxury private charter aircraft by Kirkhope Aviation
- Airfares ex Melbourne, and covering all destination legs including return to Melbourne
- Departure and arrival – Kirkhope Aviation, Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne
- All accommodation
- All meals and beverages
- In-flight snacks and refreshments
- All stopover ground transfers, tours, activities and entry fees
Download BrochureTo download a pdf of the brochure, please click on the orange download button on the front page.
The tour was fantastic and surpassed our expectations. Also impressed with your aircraft and your organisation of the tour thank you.–Heather
I can’t begin to tell you what a great time I had…. What great people to go on holiday with… It has to be one of the best holidays I’ve had. –Lorraine
The memories I now carry from this air tour with Kirkhope Aviation far exceed my dreams that I envisaged before I left. To see the colours of the desert, the mountains that rise up beneath the aircraft. the rivers and coastal areas and then to land on a gravel strip far out there. What a privilege, this is the ultimate for me. –Barbara
The outback adventure tour offered by Kirkhope exceeded all our expectations and our only regret was that it was over too soon.–Meg and Chris