Experience the splendour of South Australia over 5 days, featuring Kangaroo Island and Lake Gairdner
South Australia’s most beautiful destinations are within your reach. Explore Kangaroo Island’s natural environment and wildlife before discovering the remote Gawler Ranges and Lake Gairdner.
Kirkhope Aviation’s South Australia Discovered tour takes guest on a five day adventure, featuring two major destinations – Kangaroo Island and the Gawler Ranges. Flying directly to Kangaroo Island, a private tour of the island is hosted by Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours. Their local guides enjoy showing our guests the most remote and untouched locations on the island. The second half of the tour takes guests to Kangaluna Bush Safari camp, where you’ll spend two nights in true wilderness. Emus, kangaroos and birdlife pass through the camp throughout the day and night, making for a stunning backdrop to your private ‘glamping’ safari tent.
- A private lunch at a remote location in bushland on Kangaroo Island
- A visit to Kangaroo Island Spirits, a local small-batch gin distillery
- Swim with sea lions and dolphins in Baird Bay, South Australia
- Sunset drinks and nibbles at the remote Kangaluna Bush Safari Camp in front of native wildlife
- 4WD day trip to Lake Gairdner National Park, featuring a private lunch at the southern end of Lake Gairdner itself.
- Flight over the Spencer Gulf and landing at Port Pirie
- Day 1 - Arrival at Kangaroo Island
- Board your aircraft and depart Moorabbin at 8am as you start your five day South Australian adventure
- Make a quick stop at Naracoorte for refuelling before continueing on to Kangaroo Island, arriving just before 11am
- Met on arrival by Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours, head out to a remote setting for a two course lunch with matched local wines
- Spend the afternoon exploring Kangaroo Island, visiting Seal Bay for a close up look at local wildlife
- Retire to your accommodation and dinner at American River in the evening
- Day 2 - Open plains and rugged coastline
- After a hearty breakfast, your guide takes you the nearby Emu Ridge eucalyptous oil distillery for a quick tour and to explore some of the products they produce on the island
- Continuing west on the island, visit Admirals Arch, set on a stunning coastline with intense swells and rugged cliffs
- Climb The Remarkables, a popular location with rocks erroded over time by the wind alone, giving a smooth finish
- Visit Flinders Chase, where our guide prepares a barbecque two course lunch again with matched wines
- Drop into Kangaroo Island Spirits to sample their boutique gins and other liquers
- Take a late afternoon tea on the cleared plains near an abandoned cottage, with kangaroos and emus sitting peacefully in the distance
- Return to American River for dinner and a good night’s rest
- Day 3 - Swimming with sea lions
- Take breakfast again in your accommodation at American River before checking out and heading to the airstrip.
- Taking off mid-morning, fly across the Spencer Gulf to Port Lincoln. A quick coffee and refueling stop and you’re back in the air again.
- Ariving in the seaside town of streaky bay, grab a light lunch at the local bakery.
- Spend the afternoon on the water at Baird Bay, where you’ll be able to swim with friendly sea lions.
- On return, you’ll be driven up to Kangaluna Bush Safari camp and met on arrival with drinks and nibbles.
- Settle into your private bush safari tent (complete with full shower and toilet).
- Dinner is served in the camp dining room, with wildlife such as kangaroos and emus passing nearby as you dine.
- Day 4 - The Gawler Ranges and Lake Gairdner
- Wake as the sun rises to the sounds of local birds and the rustle of kangaroos in the distance
- Grab a coffee and stand by the fire, watching as emus come to drink at a local water source
- Enjoy a full cooked breakfast before heading off for a day of touring the Gawler Ranges
- Travelling by 4WD, head off road to visit deep dry riverbeds among open plains
- Arrive at Lake Gairdner, where you’ll be able to walk out onto its solid salt crust
- Enjoy a two course lunch overlooking the lake
- Return to camp in the early evening, where drinks and nibbles again await before dinner
- Watch the sunset over a local dry salt lake before retiring to your accommodation
- Day 5 - Port Pirie and the Flinders Ranges
- After a leisurely start to the morning, take a short tour to another nearby salt lake before departing for Port Pirie
- Flying over the Spencer Gulf, you’ll see the Flinders Ranges in the distance
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Port Pirie
- Depart for the final leg to Melbourne, arriving into Melbourne at dusk with a spectacular view of the city
- Luxury private charter aircraft by Kirkhope Aviation
- Airfares ex Melbourne, and covering all destination legs including return to Melbourne
- Departure and arrival – Kirkhope Aviation, Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne
- All accommodation
- All meals and beverages with meals
- In-flight snacks and refreshments
- All stopover ground transfers, tours, activities and entry fees
South Australia Discovered Tour Schedule
|DATES||TOURS||NO. OF DAYS||AVAILABILITY||PRICES $/P||BOOK/ENQUIRE|
|18 Oct||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$4,995|
|15 Nov||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$4,995|
|7 Feb||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
|28 Feb||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
|21 Mar||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
|5 Apr||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
|17 Oct||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
|14 Nov||Sth Aust Discovered Gawler & Kangaroo Island||5 day||Available||$5,495|
The outback adventure tour offered by Kirkhope exceeded all our expectations and our only regret was that it was over too soon.–Meg and Chris
The tour was fantastic and surpassed our expectations. Also impressed with your aircraft and your organisation of the tour thank you.–Heather
The Kangaroo Island and Gawler Ranges trip was great, and we all three enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks again, Keith, for being a great pilot and companion.–Janet