January 2016 Newsletter
|Contact | Last Minute Seats|
AIR CHARTER NEWS
WELCOME TO 2016
The year is already well underway. All at Kirkhope Aviation hope you had a great Xmas and New Year celebration.
2016 should be a great year with many people showing interest in our tours. The year got off with a great bang….Fireworks on New Years Eve! Some people took our midnight flight over Melbourne to view the fireworks. We did it again on Australia Day. It was an amazing sight and all had a great time celebrating with drinks and nibbles….the picture above is from our Jan 26th flight.
It looks like we are in for some unusual weather for the year. So much so there has already been significant rains around Lake Eyre and massive storms throughout the continent. It should make for stunning scenery.
OUR PARTNER “THE KIMBERLEY COLLECTION”
We are working with a Melbourne based travel company “The Kimberley Collection”. They specialise in travel to the Kimberley and will be organising our accommodation & tours to this area. Any inquiries will be forwarded to them to arrange the tours that will be flown by us. There are a number of options:
- Our ultimate 14 day Kimberley & Top End Air Adventure as promoted on our website. This tour encompasses the jewels of the Kimberley and Northern Territory, together with the unique Australian outback towns of Birdsville and Coober Pedy. There will be departures during May, June, July and August. From $15,750 per person twin share. Email inquiry
- An 8 day special deal departing on 16th May 2016 to the Kimberley Coastal Camp. Fly in our King Air via one night at Ayers Rock to the Kimberley coast. A stunning location that offers aboriginal rock art, fishing, wilderness walks, gourmet dining and exclusive “Glamping”. Spend 5 days at the camp then one night at El Questro before flying home. From $13,180 per person twin share. Email inquiry
In conjunction with The Kimberley Collection we will also be offering various options including the remote El Questro Homestead, the stunning Berkeley River Lodge and other icons of the Kimberley and Northern Territory. Prices on application or provide your wish list for your unique package to the region. Email inquiry
THE LATEST ON LAKE EYRE WATER
Significant rains have occurred in the center over the last month. As of a week ago Lake Eyre South has about 50% water coverage. Lake Eyre North has about 85% water coverage. Remember we are talking coverage not depth. The Neales River, Macumba River and Warburton Creek are really the only tributaries flowing into the Lake. The area has sprung to life but whether it lasts will depend on further follow up rains. It really is anyone’s guess, however our 3 or 4 day Taste of the Outback tour will still be a stunning trip regardless of water for two reasons: The Lake is spectacular with or without water and that we include other iconic locations like Birdsville and the Flinders Ranges. At this stage ground access is not possible but the local operator says the flight is spectacular and the only way to see it.
We have completed one trip so far in January in the Navajo. The next 3 day tour is on the 5th February – see below. We have more scheduled and also 1 or 2 day tours on demand. These stay at William Creek with a 2hr scenic flight over the Lake with Wrights Air. Email re the one or two day tour
TOURS FOR 2016
TASTE OF THE OUTBACK
Birdsville, Lake Eyre & the Flinders Ranges (from $3295pp)
5th Feb 3 days
24th Feb 4 days
25th Mar 4 days
15th April 3 days
10th Jun 4 days
7th Jul 4 days
LORD HOWE ISLAND
Includes Cessnock winery ($7,990 pp)
Enjoy 4 days relaxing and touring on the island.
25th Mar 6 days
23rd Apr 6 days
TASMANIA & ISLANDS
Includes Flinders Island, Strahan in Tasmania and King Island ($2,950 pp)
11th Feb 4 days
18th Mar 4 days
FANTASTIC FLINDERS ISLAND ($1,345 pp)
7th Mar 2.5 days
A weekend at Flinders Island with James Luddington taking you on a stunning 2 day tour of the island.
GAWLER/KANGAROO ISLAND ($4,945 pp)
2nd Mar 5 days
2 days on the iconic Kangaroo Island and 2 days glamping at Gawler Ranges
KIMBERLEY ($15,750 pp)
Tour dates as listed above.
CAPE YORK ($11,950 pp)
25th June 12 days
AUSTRALIAN FISHING NETWORK VIDEO
Channel 7Mate showed the AFN video when we flew Bill Classen down for a 3 day fishing adventure on Flinders Island.
You can see the video on You tube. It is 18 minutes long and our tour is the last 10 minutes.[gap size=”10px”]
PLUS we have designed a 3 or 4 day fishing tour to Port Lincoln. This is on demand. Email us or check the tour page.
- Completed a bespoke tour in the King Air – Ayers Rock to Coober Pedy and Kangaroo Island
- We have joined “Lyoness”…a world wide shopping community where you get a cash back benefit if you are a member and book a tour with us.
- Wild Bush Luxury videos available (Arkaba and Bamurru)
- Seats available on the Birdsville Big Red Bash 4th July with Paul Kelly and Jimmy Barnes
- Great success with our one day Milawa or Yarra Valley wine tours
Introduced a new 2 day tour “Wings Wine and Heritage Overnight Cruise” including Milawa, Murray River Paddle Steamer and Sovereign Hill at Ballarat.
Our Operations Manager, Keith Siler is over in Japan on a snow skiing holiday….hopefully he can coerce lots of Japenese to come to Australia for one of our tours! Maybe over a Saki or two. See Keith on the left at work on a recent tour to Ningaloo and the Whale Sharks
Nic Stobie will be front man at the office over the three week period for any charter or tour requests.
Tony Wood will be piloting the next Taste of the Outback trip on the 5th Feb to the hot center.