South Australia Discovered (5 days)
Explore some of South Australia’s most stunning and unique destinations including Kangaroo Island’s natural environment and wildlife, and the remote beauty of the Gawler Ranges and Lake Gairdner as part of Kirkhope Aviation’s South Australia Discovered tour.
Departing Feb 06 2019. Use code SA060219. Expires: Thu 09 Oct 2018.
Departing Mar 20 2019. Use code SA200319. Expires: Tue 20 Nov 2018.
Your five-day SA outback adventure begins by flying directly from Melbourne to Kangaroo Island. Then its two days of warm Kangaroo Island hospitality on a private luxury 4WD tour. You’ll visit the most pristine and spectacular locations on the island and sample its fine local food and wine.
From Kangaroo Island fly to Streaky Bay and transfer to Baird Bay for a guided swim with the friendly and curious sea lions, known as the puppy dogs of the sea, you will want to take one home! Then it is onto Kangaluna Bush Safari Camp in the beautiful Gawler Ranges for a 2 night magical glamping experience in the wilderness.
South Australia Discovered Air Tours are available on demand if your preferred travel date is not listed in the tour schedule below. Give us a call if you’d like to know more.
Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2018 More Details
Feb 06 - Feb 10, 2019 More Details
Mar 20 - Mar 24, 2019 More Details
Sep 25 - Sep 29, 2019 More Details
Oct 16 - Oct 21, 2019 More Details
The Kangaroo Island and Gawler Ranges trip was great, and we all three enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks again, Keith, for being a great pilot and companion.
- Spectacular scenic flying over Kangaroo Island, Eyre Peninsula and Spencer Gulf
- Remote lunch with matching wines, Kangaroo island
- Guided ranger walk through the sea lion colony at Seal Bay
- Stunning Remarkable Rocks at Flinders Chase National Park
- Taste a range of delicious locally produced gin at KI Spirits
- Idyllically located KI Lodge at American River
- Exhilarating swim with the sea lions and dolphins at Baird Bay
- Glamping in the beautiful Gawler Ranges wilderness
- Sunset drinks and nibbles with an abundance of native wildlife
- 4WD tour to photograph the amazing salt crust of Lake Gairdner National Park
Itinerary: South Australia Discovered (5 days)
Melbourne to Kangaroo Island
Your five-day South Australian Discovered adventure departs Moorabbin Airport at 8 am for Naracoorte where a quick refuel before continuing to Kangaroo Island will have you arriving just before 11 am.
You’ll be met on arrival by Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours, who will take you to a remote setting for a two-course lunch with matched local wines.
Your afternoon is spent exploring Kangaroo Island, including a visit to Seal Bay for a close-up look at the local wildlife, before travelling to your accommodation and dinner at American River.
Just wanted to be sure to Thank You and Rob (before we get to traveling again) for a fantastic experience: we couldn’t be happier! Thank you and thank you again!