Kimberley Air Safari (14 days)
The epitome of an outback tour, Kirkhope Aviation’s Kimberley Air Safari is the ultimate 14-day luxury small-group air tour, incorporating the jewels of Australia’s Top End, and designed for you to experience the unique and timeless wonders of our contrasting ancient land.
This memorable Kimberley and Northern Territory tour takes to you to remote and incredible places including the Kimberley in Western Australia, Arnhem Land and the Gulf, and Australia’s Red Centre.
The Kimberley Air Safari is available on demand if your preferred travel date is not listed in the tour schedule below. Let us know your preferred dates, and once availability is confirmed, we’ll pass your details to our partner, The Kimberley Collection, who will arrange your tour.
There is simply no other way to experience so many remote sights and experiences in a short period of time. We were greeted by guides and treated to a diverse range of experiences – bush walks, swimming in pristine water holes, river and wetland cruises, helicopter ride, dining in the desert, etc.
- Visit four states in 14 days.
- Spectacular journey in our comfortable twin-engine aircraft
- Luxury small group ground and air tours
- Deluxe accommodation throughout your journey
- Dine on a BBQ buffet of authentic Australian delicacies. Examples include barramundi, kangaroo and crocodile, bush salads and classic desserts, complemented by Australian wines under the stars at Uluru
- Exclusive Aboriginal cultural experience and wildlife adventure in one of Australia’s most beautiful and exciting wilderness areas at Mt Borradaile
- Drive out to see some amazing ancient Aboriginal rock art and walk through the rocky billabong areas
- Fishing, birdlife, wildlife, cruises, swimming
- Incredible photographic opportunities
Itinerary: Kimberley Air Safari (14 days)
Day 1: Melbourne to Birdsville
Your 14-day Kimberley Outback Air Safari leaves from Moorabbin Airport at 8 am for Innamincka, where you’ll enjoy a sumptuous lunch in the Innamincka Hotel’s ‘Outamincka’ bar. If there’s enough water, a short, gentle cruise on the stunningly beautiful Cooper Creek aboard the ‘Kingfisher,’ the hotel’s cruise boat, is a ‘must-do’.
Then it’s on to Birdsville via the spectacular Coongie Lakes area for sunset drinks, dinner and an overnight stay in one of Australia’s most iconic pubs — the Birdsville Hotel.
Day 2: Birdsville to Lawn Hill
After an early but hearty Birdsville breakfast, you’ll fly on to Lawn Hill National Park where your aircraft will land a short walk from your overnight accommodation at Adels Grove overlooking the Lawn Hill Creek.
A 20-minute drive will have you at Lawn Hill Gorge — one of the most spectacular gorges in the Gulf Country, with luxurious tropical vegetation, steep red cliffs, and unusual green water. Here, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the gorge system via delightful walking trails and even by canoe in the middle and upper part of the system. You can also swim in the naturally bubbling spas while looking up at the sheer cliffs.
Then it’s back to Adels Grove for pre-dinner drinks in the open air restaurant and bar before dinner.
It has to be one of the best holidays I have had. Tony, our pilot, was thoroughly professional in looking after our wellbeing and making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed at all times.
Email us about Kimberley Air Safari (14 days)