South Australia Fauna & Feast (4 days)
South Australia is the go to destination for beautiful unspoilt scenery, abundant wildlife and delicious fresh food. Experience the best of these with Port Lincoln’s fishing and seafood industry and Kangaroo Island’s magnificent nature and wildlife. Two must-see destinations to mark off your bucket list.
Use code EBSAFF
Expires: SUN 10 NOV 2019
Mar 05 - Mar 08, 2020
Sep 10 - Sep 13, 2020
It was a thrill to see outback sights that we hadn’t had the opportunity to experience before. The whole itinerary, including the ground tours, was excellent. Tony – you were great company and good fun, and made the whole trip so enjoyable. We are very satisfied customers.
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tour and Tasting
- Mikkira Station and Koala Sanctuary
- Port Lincoln Fishing Industries & behind the scenes tour
- Harbour Cruise around Australia’s largest commercial fishing fleet
- Award winning Boston Bay Winery
- Ocean View Balcony Room at Port Lincoln Hotel
- Guided Walk with the Seals
- Remarkable Rocks in Flinders Chase NP
- KI’s cottage food industries
- Delicious seafood and wine in scenic settings
Day 1: Melbourne to Port Lincoln (L,D)
Your discovery of this pristine region begins departing at 8.00am from Moorabbin Airport to Coffin Bay, on the western tip of Southern Eyre Peninsula.
Coffin Bay is home to some of the most sought-after oysters in Australia. Learn how they are harvested and savour their mouth-watering deliciousness. Continue the feast with a gourmet seafood lunch of crab, Spencer Gulf bugs, prawns, whiting, seared tuna and kingfish on the beautiful Eyre Peninsula.
Sated, travel to Mikkira Station with its charming homestead built in 1842 and koalas galore! On to your home for the night, the Port Lincoln Hotel. Enjoy an ocean view balcony room with commanding views of Boston Bay.
We really appreciated your warm friendliness as host, and professionalism as pilot. We felt weary on Thursday, as I am sure you did also. I didn’t pick the winner of the Melbourne Cup, alas!!!