South Australia – Flora, Fauna and Feast (5 days)
South Australia is the current ‘flavour of the month’ for beautiful unspoiled scenery, abundant wildlife an delicious fresh food. To top it off with Lake Eyre experiencing a once in a decade flooding – our Flora, Fauna and Feast will be a sublime experience.
On this small group, premium air tour, you will fly to the Flinders Ranges, William Creek, Port Lincoln and Kangaroo Island in our luxury twin propeller aircraft.
On the ground you will be taken care of by passionate local experts who will make sure you have a very special experience, showing you the best of their region. An. all-inclusive price with, beautiful food and ensuited accommodation.
4 must see destinations to mark off your bucket list.
Sep 18 - Sep 22, 2019 SOLD OUT
Just wanted to be sure to Thank You and Rob (before we get to traveling again) for a fantastic experience: we couldn’t be happier! Thank you and thank you again!
- Stunning Wilpena Pound scenic flight
- Award winning Rawnsley Park Station
William Creek & Lake Eyre
- Spectacular Lake Eyre scenic flight
- Remote William Creek Hotel
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tour and Tasting
- Mikkira Station and Koala Sanctuary
- Port Lincoln Fishing Industries & behind the scenes tour
- Harbour Cruise around Australia’s largest commercial fishing fleet
- Award winning Boston Bay Winery
- Ocean View Balcony Room at Port Lincoln Hotel
- Guided Walk with the Seals
- Remarkable Rocks in Flinders Chase NP
- KI’s cottage food industries
- Delicious seafood and wine in scenic settings
- Picturesque KI Lodge at American River
Itinerary: South Australia – Flora, Fauna and Feast (5 days)
Melbourne – Mildura – Flinders Ranges – Lake Eyre - William Creek
Begin your Lake Eyre and South Australian adventure at Kirkhope Aviation’s departure lounge at 7.15am conveniently located at Moorabbin Airport with ample, unrestricted car parking right next to our hangar. An early 8.00am departure to make the most of the day.
Fly from Melbourne to Mildura for a short refuelling stop before we continue to the Flinders Ranges with a scenic flight over the spectacular Wilpena Pound. Enjoy friendly country hospitality and a mouth-watering lunch at Rawnsley Park Station in their authentic Woolshed restaurant overlooking the southern side of Wilpena Pound.
Fly onto Leigh Creek to refuel, then enjoy a stunning ‘low and slow’ scenic flight over Lake Eyre, featuring Belt Bay, Jack Boot Bay, Warburton Groove and up to the Warburton inlet.
Land at William Creek, famous for its pub (one of the most remote in Australia) and the closest town to Lake Eyre North. Check into your ensuite accommodation for the night. Enjoy a refreshing ale at the hospitable William Creek Hotel and quality outback pub grub for dinner.
We really appreciated your warm friendliness as host, and professionalism as pilot. We felt weary on Thursday, as I am sure you did also. I didn’t pick the winner of the Melbourne Cup, alas!!!