Taste of the Outback (4 days)
The Australian winter months is a fantastic time to visit the beautiful Australian Outback and, with our Taste of the Outback Air Tours, you’ll soon understand why this tour is one of our most popular.
Watch highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Extended highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Taste of the Outback Air Tours can be either three or four days and include visits to iconic outback destinations, including Mungo Lake, Broken Hill, Innamincka and the Cooper Creek, Birdsville, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, Muloorina Station, William Creek, Arkaroola, and Flinders Ranges. Take a look at our videos (above) to get an idea of the sort of activities you can expect.
All Taste of the Outback Air Tours are available on demand if your preferred travel date is not listed in the tour schedule below. Give us a call, as we have a waiting list and continually schedule new flights to Lake Eyre.
Sep 22 - Sep 25, 2019 SOLD OUT
Oct 01 - Oct 04, 2019 SOLD OUT
We had an awesome time on our trip. It was worth the wait, and Hans was awesome. An absolute pleasure.
- Visit remote, hard-to-get-to locations in outback South Australia
- Experience a variety of terrain where every day is different
- Engage with locals
- World Heritage Mungo NP
- Fascinating and fun Broken Hill
- Drink in the sunset on Big Red followed by dinner in the famous Birdsville Hotel.
- Fly low-level down the Diamantina River, Goyder Lagoon and the Warburton River, culminating in a spectacular journey across Lake Eyre North
- See Lake Eyre from the air, take a 4WD tour to the edge, and walk on its surface
- Learn about the amazing Diamantina and Cooper River systems feeding Lake Eyre
- Cruise down one of the most famous rivers in Australia; Cooper Creek.
- Tour the Flinders Ranges with extraordinary guides at Parachilna
- Visit Muloorina cattle station or William Creek and access Lake Eyre by vehicle
- Tour the central Flinders Ranges, with a drive through Brachina Gorge
- Gaze at millions of stars at the Arkaroola observatory
Itinerary: Taste of the Outback (4 days)
Melbourne to Broken Hill
Your four-day Kirkhope Aviation Outback Air Safari kicks off at 9 am from Moorabbin Airport bound for Lake Mungo.
Lunch and a guided tour of this iconic Australian location (one of the first to gain a World Heritage listing) will have you marvelling at 42,000 years of Aboriginal history.
You'll then head to Broken Hill where your accommodation for the night is at the historic Royal Exchange Hotel. Be sure to drop into the nearby Palace Hotel, made famous by Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, for a drink before dinner.
We enjoyed ourselves immensely and wish to thank Keith for being such a good pilot, guide and host. The tour was everything that we could wish for – there was plenty of water in Lake Eyre and throughout the surrounding area, Cooper Creek at Innamincka was flowing and Arkaroola was just amazing.