Taste of the Outback (4 days)
The Australian winter months is a fantastic time to visit the beautiful Australian Outback and, with our Taste of the Outback Air Tours, you’ll soon understand why this tour is one of our most popular.
Watch highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Extended highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Taste of the Outback Air Tours can be either three or four days and include visits to iconic outback destinations, including Mungo Lake, Broken Hill, Innamincka and the Cooper Creek, Birdsville, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, Muloorina Station, William Creek, Arkaroola, and Flinders Ranges. Take a look at our videos (above) to get an idea of the sort of activities you can expect.
All Taste of the Outback Air Tours are available on demand if your preferred travel date is not listed in the tour schedule below. Give us a call, as we have a waiting list and continually schedule new flights to Lake Eyre.
May 27 - May 30, 2019 SOLD OUT
May 31 - Jun 03, 2019 SOLD OUT
Jun 20 - Jun 23, 2019 SOLD OUT
Jun 28 - Jul 01, 2019 SOLD OUT
Jul 08 - Jul 11, 2019 SOLD OUT
Aug 09 - Aug 12, 2019
Aug 18 - Aug 21, 2019
Aug 24 - Aug 27, 2019
Sep 10 - Sep 13, 2019
Sep 22 - Sep 25, 2019
It was one of the more memorable mini holidays that we have ever taken. Keith is a delightful man, generous and hospitable host and great pilot. Good food, good accommodation and pleasant company. Two big hits were Ernie Mitchell at Lake Mungo and the hospitality of Cindy at Muloorina Station.
- Visit remote, hard-to-get-to locations in outback South Australia
- Experience a variety of terrain where every day is different
- Engage with locals
- World Heritage Mungo NP
- Fascinating and fun Broken Hill
- Drink in the sunset on Big Red followed by dinner in the famous Birdsville Hotel.
- Fly low-level down the Diamantina River, Goyder Lagoon and the Warburton River, culminating in a spectacular journey across Lake Eyre North
- See Lake Eyre from the air, take a 4WD tour to the edge, and walk on its surface
- Learn about the amazing Diamantina and Cooper River systems feeding Lake Eyre
- Cruise down one of the most famous rivers in Australia; Cooper Creek.
- Tour the Flinders Ranges with extraordinary guides at Parachilna
- Visit Muloorina cattle station or William Creek and access Lake Eyre by vehicle
- Tour the central Flinders Ranges, with a drive through Brachina Gorge
- Gaze at millions of stars at the Arkaroola observatory
Itinerary: Taste of the Outback (4 days)
Melbourne to Broken Hill
Your four-day Kirkhope Aviation Outback Air Safari kicks off at 9 am from Moorabbin Airport bound for Lake Mungo.
Lunch and a guided tour of this iconic Australian location (one of the first to gain a World Heritage listing) will have you marvelling at 42,000 years of Aboriginal history.
You'll then head to Broken Hill where your accommodation for the night is at the historic Royal Exchange Hotel. Be sure to drop into the nearby Palace Hotel, made famous by Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, for a drink before dinner.
Hans is a great pilot, and he did a fantastic job. The trip surpassed our expectations, and we are all very grateful that you organised a trip like that. The dinners were superb, and the one we loved the most was the Prairie Hotel. Everyone enjoyed the trip, see you soon.