Taste of the Outback (3 days)
The Australian winter months is a fantastic time to visit the beautiful Australian Outback and, with our Taste of the Outback Air Tours, you’ll soon understand why this tour is one of our most popular.
Taste of the Outback Air Tours can be either three or four days and include visits to iconic outback destinations, including Mungo Lake, Broken Hill, Innamincka and the Cooper Creek, Birdsville, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, Muloorina Station, William Creek, Arkaroola, and Flinders Ranges. Take a look at our video (below) to get an idea of the sort of activities you can expect.
All Taste of the Outback Air Tours are available on demand if your preferred travel date is not listed in the tour schedule below. Give us a call, as we have a waiting list and continually schedule new flights to Lake Eyre.
Departing Apr 03 2019. Use code TO030419. Expires: Tue 04 Dec 2018.
Departing May 17 2019. Use code TO170519. Expires: Thu 17 Jan 2019.
Departing Jun 15 2019. Use code TO150619. Expires: Fri 15 Feb 2019.
Departing Jul 15 2019. Use code TO150719. Expires: Sun 17 Mar 2019.
Departing Aug 13 2019. Use code TO130819. Expires: Mon 15 Apr 2019.
Watch highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Extended highlights of our
Taste of the Outback Tour
Apr 03 - Apr 05, 2019 More Details
May 17 - May 19, 2019 More Details
Jun 15 - Jun 17, 2019 More Details
Jul 15 - Jul 17, 2019 More Details
Aug 13 - Aug 15, 2019 More Details
I thoroughly enjoyed visiting places I had not been to for some thirty years and experiencing again the beauty of the outback landscapes and the hospitality of the wonderful people who live there. All this and to have had the privilege to do this in a light aircraft flown by a very competent pilot.
- Visit remote, hard-to-get-to locations in outback South Australia
- Experience a variety of terrain where every day is different
- Engage with locals
- Drink in the sunset on Big Red followed by dinner in the famous Birdsville Hotel.
- Fly low-level down the Diamantina River, Goyder Lagoon and the Warburton River, culminating in a spectacular journey across Lake Eyre North
- See Lake Eyre from the air, take a 4WD tour to the edge, and walk on its surface
- Learn about the amazing Diamantina and Cooper River systems feeding Lake Eyre
- Cruise down one of the most famous rivers in Australia; Cooper Creek.
- Tour the Flinders Ranges with extraordinary guides at either Arkaroola or Parachilna
- Visit Muloorina cattle station or William Creek and access Lake Eyre by vehicle
- Tour the central Flinders Ranges, with a drive through Brachina Gorge or the famous 4WD Ridge Top Tour at Arkaroola
- Gaze at millions of stars at the Arkaroola observatory
Itinerary: Taste of the Outback (3 days)
Melbourne to Birdsville
Your three-day Kirkhope Aviation Outback Air Safari kicks off at 8 am from Moorabbin Airport bound for Broken Hill, where you can grab a coffee while we refuel for our next destination.
Innamincka in South Australia’s remote North East is your next stop, where lunch aboard the ‘Kingfisher’ (the Innamincka Hotel’s cruise boat) while it gently meanders down the magnificent Cooper Creek is a ‘must-do.’
Then, it’s on to Birdsville via the spectacular Coongie Lakes area for sunset drinks, dinner and an overnight stay in one of Australia’s most iconic pubs — the Birdsville Hotel.
It was a thrill to see outback sights that we hadn’t had the opportunity to experience before. The whole itinerary, including the ground tours, was excellent. Tony – you were great company and good fun, and made the whole trip so enjoyable. We are very satisfied customers.
Email us about Taste of the Outback (3 days)